Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I stop biting my finger nails?

The only thing that will stop you from biting and picking at your nails is total diligence - you have to be aware of every time and situation in which you bite your nails. Keep a nail file or nail clipper handy at all times to get rid of any snags along the nail that tempt you to start biting. Whenever you notice your hands moving towards your mouth, make sure that you consciously stop, think about the moment, and find something else to do. If you do this regularly, over a period of 2 months, your new habit will become NOT biting your nails, and then you just have to maintain your new and improved habit. You can also use hand lotion, applying it after every time you are in contact with water and before bed, so that the moisture can penetrate all night long, which will improve the overall health and appearance of your hands and nails, which will give you some encouragement to keep trying every day.How do I stop biting my finger nails?
you can get really nasty stuff u put on your fingers so when you go to bite them it tastes so nasty you dont wanna do it anymore.





or you could put band aidsHow do I stop biting my finger nails?
put nail polish on them...but then that might be kinda weird...lol...idk
well i bite my nails and get acrylic nails and it keeps me from biting them and i was going to suggest that to you but uh ya... then i saw that you were a guy...


whenever you go to bite them pick your nose.. no I'm totally kidding... just replace it with something like sit on your hands or put them in your pocket or make fists


it takes 23 days to break a habit so good luck!
you must cut your nails every week to make sure that you didn't not bite your nails anymore. try it.. =)
yeah i still have that problem. get the nasty ttasting nail polish. or become a doctor/dentist/gardner. for all of these jobs u wear gloves practically all day. =)
there used to be this stuff you dip your nails in and if you put it in your mouth it burned. i also heard of this stuff you dip your nails in and it mad them stronger so you couldent bit them. but i think that might mess up your teath.
I've had this problem my entire life, but now I haven't been biting my nails since August (go me. xD).





Here's what I did, and it works great.





At your local pharmacy/general good store (CVS, Rite aid, ect) they sell this nail polish that when you up it on, it makes your nails taste like you just sprayed hairspray in your mouth.





It's harmless and doesn't wash off unless you use nail polish. So it does the trick. The only bad side to this is that when you eat finger foods just be careful that you don't lick your fingers.





I've been for over two months without using the product now, and I haven't bit my nails. I do however cut them short but that's just a personal choice so I don't get the temptation.





Good luck at kicking the habit!





- P. Sky-Captain
theres like a clear nail polish that you can apply that tastes bitter so when you bite them you dont like te taste and also you can put alldifferent things on them. Also try putting tape on them. xD
Don't let it grow long, keep it really short.
next time you think about biting your finger nails, give your butt a good scratching after that you probably wont want them near your mouth.
Um my habit is biting my nails too, so i just like slightly bite them so it feels like your biting them, but your actually not.
There's a nail polish (it's clear) called NO BITE by ORLY...look at the nail salon... It tastes horrible so you don't want to put them in your mouth.





Or you can put nail polish remover on them...it sort of zings your tongue.
i used to bite my nails so much until someone told me it would be just like licking a toilet seat


that put me off biting my nails forever


everytime you go to bite them think of that


it will disturb you and it might help you stop

No comments:

Post a Comment