Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can nerves grow into finger nails?

My girlfriend and I have a bet going. She says that those people who grow super-long nails have to keep growing them because nerves reach out into the nails at a certain point, so they can't cut them without injury. This kind of thing is difficult to find specific evidence against, considering she is probably the only person who thinks this can happen, so polling the internet is the best evidence I can think of. Thanks for your input.Can nerves grow into finger nails?
No, she is wrong.Can nerves grow into finger nails?
I think your finger nails are dead cells, so I doubt there would be a sufficient reason (biologically) for having nerves in them. Any pain/feeling that you feel because of your nails is actually due to the nerves, in your skin, surrounding the nails.
  • detox cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment